Bora Bora is one of the most popular locations in the world when it comes to great vacations and tons of fun. But is it for everyone? Well, let’s see what you can do and where you can stay while vacationing here; and, most important, how much it will cost you.
Things to do in Bora Bora
The island offers a wide range of activities starting with amazing places for sunbathing, gorgeous landscapes, crystal-clear waters, and lots of water sports activities. Here are the most interesting activities:
- Water adventures – there is the possibility to buy a private tour of the lagoon during which you will get to admire the fantastic landscapes and you’ll get to try water sports like water skiing, water tubing or wakeboarding.
- Jeep safari – the lagoon is more than just beach and water – the interior offers lots of adventure as well. You can book a tour with a 4×4 jeep that will take you through villages and historic sites.
- Swimming with the fish – this activity is quite interesting as you’ll actually get to take a walk with the marine life here.
- Adventure with a personal submarine scooter – if you want to see more of the underwater life, this is the best way to do it. You will be accompanied by a professional diver for extra safety and you’ll get to see amazing things in the clear waters of Bora Bora.
- Boat tour – if you don’t want any specific activities, you can just take a tour of the lagoon with a boat. There are regular boats and boats with a glass bottom that give you a peak underwater – your choice.
- Dolphins or whale watching – Bora Bora is situated in an area where both these marine mammals like to show up. So keep your eyes peeled as it may be the only time you get to see a whale!
- Of course, if you enjoy fishing, you will be able to add a bunch of exotic fish on your list. There are special areas designed for fishing passionate where you can spend the time doing what you love.
- Other activities include parasailing, kite surfing, jet skiing, or even hiking – Bora Bora also has a mountain area.
Prices are quite accessible and start from about $45 for a boat ride and go up from there according to the type of activity you want.
Where to stay
If you want a romantic atmosphere, you can try an overwater bungalow. Just imagine waking up in the morning and admiring the crystal-clear water right under your feet! The view is absolutely mesmerizing as you’ll see the mountain on one side and the ocean on the other side. Also, the conditions are quite luxurious which means these locations can be pretty expensive.
If you like land when it comes to accommodation, the island is sprinkled with hotels and resorts where most tourists will find an affordable offer. Prices vary according to the season, but there are many possibilities and some even have sales.
And finally, restaurants are also extremely varied in offer and prices. However, if you like trying different cuisines, Bora Bora is the perfect place to go on vacation.
Hoping that we raised your interest, we wish you a fantastic vacation in Bora Bora!